Progress on the Lady of the Lake Quilt

It's been rather fun seeing the blocks build for my lady of the lake quilt. I took out my bin of neutral scraps, cut them into triangles, and now I have a nice assortment of neutrals to choose from. And my scrap box is not overflowing anymore, which is great!

Here in Idaho we've had a wonderful cool, wet spring, which has made the wildflowers in the foothills put on a lovely show. The other day my husband and I were out hiking, first time for me post surgery. The hills are covered in lupines, and they have the sweetest scent!


 Some of the hills looked almost solidly yellow from all of the flowers that were growing.

Yellow is such a cheerful color, don't you think? As we hiked, we came across more flowers, which brightened the day.


I love the wide open spaces that can be found here in Idaho and we had the view to ourselves.


Sam and Max had a great time galloping all over the place.

And my knee did okay as long as I kept the pace a bit slower. I was puffing a bit like Sam in this photo, but it's early days yet in the season, so I'll get into better hiking shape by the end of summer.

Do you have special plans for Mother's Day? We'll be packing a picnic lunch, loading our motorcycles on their trailer, and setting out to do some trail riding in the mountains :-) It should be a grand day!

Judy

Comments

  1. Liebe Judy

    Wie wunderschön, die Weite, der See und alles nur Natur, keine Häuser. Und erst die Lupinen, die mag ich so sehr. Danke für deine Bilder, ich freue mich schon auf die vom Muttertag! Schön ist auch, dass dein Knie langsam besser wird, das freut dich wohl am meisten.

    Was wir am Muttertag so machen weiss ich noch nicht, ich lasse mich überraschen.

    Liebe Grüsse nach Idaho

    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you have an organized plan in your sewing room . I also see a barn quilt outside your window I think . Oh wow you have some lovely scenery to enjoy when hiking . Enjoy your Mother's Day picnic , it sounds like a perfect day to me . Happy Mother's Day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy, I love the window in your sewing room. The lupines are so pretty; that is a flower I've never seen in person! The yellow flowers are very cheerful - they almost look like they would glow in the dark. Such beautiful views for your hike and for the dogs to enjoy. Happy that you are out and about again after surgery. God bless your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wie schön ist das bei Euch. Danke für die schönen Bilder.

    Liebe Grüße aus Sachsen

    Bärbel

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful place you live in, those flowers are very pretty! Well done on the hiking, recovery from surgery can take quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Judy,
    your pictures are wonderful , Idaho is a wonderful country. Good health for your knees
    LG Elke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quilting AND hiking...2 favorite pastimes of mine ! I am glad to read you're doing so well after your surgery too. Happy Mother's day to you, sounds like a very fun way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Judy
    love the view from your sewing window. Your sewing desk is so neat (mine is always messy). I love the flowers, and the views in your photos. Glad that you can get back to the great outdoors that you enjoy so much. Best wishes from wet Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're doing well to use up your scraps. I love the smell of lupins too! Your views are breathtaking, what a wonderful backdrop for your walks. Enjoy your Mothers Day motorbike riding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photos are great - it feels like I'm right out there with you. Glad your are doing well to hike so well! Your quilt project looks very involved. Anxious to see it all put together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos! It's great to hear that you're hiking again.
    Looking forward to seeing more of your work in progress.
    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in awe with how neat your work area is! The wildflowers are beautiful. I can only imagine how wonderful they smell. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What gorgeous flowers Judy. We have been out for a short walk this morning with guests - it's a beautiful day and lovely to just wander and look at flowers. Have a good weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your new header pic! You have some beautiful country around where you live, you're so lucky! Loving all the gorgeous quilty things you're making at the moment ... and yes, I too am now wondering who 'Pete' is, and what does he know anyways! x Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog! I appreciate hearing from you.
Judy