Creative Time

I've been making time each day to weave on my bright twill kitchen towels. Have I mentioned how relaxing it is to throw the shuttle? I wove the last towel using a bright orange 8/2 unmercerized cotton yarn for the weft.

The weave structure is Halvorson #5 pebble weave from A Handweaver's Pattern Book by Marguerite P. Davison.

I just cut some mug rugs off of my vintage Harrisville Model A loom that I wove using hand dyed rug wool. I still need to tie the knots for the edge finish.

Speaking of finishes, I finished hand quilting my large improv quilt and it is now resting on the back of the sofa in my family room :-) I used it for the first time this morning and the wool batting is light and warm. The scrappiness of the quilt makes me grin. What a great way to use up bits and pieces of leftover fabric!


This morning I'm off to work on a special quilt for someone who might read my blog, so I can't say any more.

Here's hoping that you have time for fabric/fiber today,
Judy

Comments

  1. Beautiful quilt!
    I love the colors of the wires in the loom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was für ein wunderbarer Quilt - und schon fertig! Gratuliere, mir gefällt er bestens. Ich hoffe, du hast noch eine grosse Kiste mit Resten, so kannst du bald wieder einer in free-form machen. Die gewebten Tassenteppiche sind auch eine gute Idee, einfach passend. Deine grosse Webarbeit bewundere ich auch....
    Liebe Grüsse
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colours in your weaving! Your improv quilt has turned out beautifullly.....I love your choice of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Judy, you are certainly making the most of your creative time. Your weaving is beautiful. Your mug rugs are little works of art. Congratulations on finishing such a beautiful quilt. I can see why it makes you grin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been so busy! Your projects are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colours for your kitchen towels and the improv quilt looks great now it is quilted. Your little mug rugs are fun too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the tea towels and the mug rugs are so cute . Your quilt looks amazing and I can imagine it is quite cosy and warm .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors in your weaving,such happy colors.
    Your quilt is beautiful,eye catching.You said you hand quilted it,did you stitch around each rectangle? Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like those mug rugs.
    How nice to be able to use your wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely weaving! We have a class lined up for our local craft club at the end of February. I am looking forward to trying weaving again. I used to do it back in my early twenties. It is great that you love your quilt so much. What a wonderful feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your new quilt is gorgeous! And the colours of your weaving are so invigorating, just what I would need in the middle of winter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog! I appreciate hearing from you.
Judy