Progress

I finished the improv quilt for our family room, sewed the backing pieces together and then I pinned the top, cotton batting, and backing together. Hurrah for a finished top!

 I'm hand quilting it with white pearl cotton # 8. Hand quilting is quite relaxing and I find myself really enjoying the rhythm of my needle moving in and out of the quilt.

I made a spring postcard (okay, I'm early) to brighten someone's day using raw edge applique.


Our crocuses are putting on a lovely, cheerful show. Don't you just feel the cheeriness radiating off of these flowers?




















And some of our roses are waking up, which is like seeing good friends once again. I've been wandering around my flowerbeds, putting down compost, and just enjoying the sunshine. If it's too warm to ski at least there's hiking and gardening!




Here's hoping that you have time for fabric/fiber today,
Judy

Comments

  1. I love your quilting! So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those gorgeous sunshiny flowers! Your improv quilt is gorgeous, and it will look wonderful over a sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the finished quilt Judy. It reminds me of a library in one of the big houses. Great postcard too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt is going to be gorgeos and I love the postcard. Arrived home yesterday to find snow drops and primroses in the garden, daffodils about to open and some hyacinths also just opening. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Judy, it came out absolutely gorgeous! And the hand quilting is going to be like the icing on the cake! Enjoy your springlike days! I'm sure you're making a lot of folks jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! You make me yearn for the time to quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog! I appreciate hearing from you.
Judy