Translate

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Creative Time

A lovely surprise was waiting for me in the mail coming all the way from Lin in France.

She does such lovely hand embroidery work and the crocuses that she created for me are quite nice. This just brightened my day-thanks so much for thinking of me, Lin!

I've been spinning the soft BFL top that I recently bought and it's a dream to spin. The top is by Frabjous Fibers and the colorway is Capital Collection. I've actually dusted my wheel off and I'm using it to spin this which is a different choice for me since I usually use a high whorl spindle.



One of my bleeding hearts is flowering, which is always a delight to see.

Our grape hyacinths are putting on a lovely show.

And Myrtle stopped by to see what I was up to,
meowing at me so that I would stop to pet her.

The hand quilting of the improv sampler quilt is coming along. I like seeing the simple lines flowing across the quilt surface.


Creative time just feeds my soul.

Here's hoping that you have time for fabric/fiber today,
Judy

8 comments:

  1. All your colors coordinate so well - you must be in a Spring frame of mind! I love the wool you are spinning....it's luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours in your wool top are gorgeous and I love the way the quilting is coming along on your improv. Glad you liked the card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lin's postcard is just lovely . Your improv quilt is looking wonderful with your hand stitching and I can't believe you have flowers blooming , our flowers are still very much buried under several ft. of snow .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post.. I love bleeding hearts. I miss them since we moved away from Seattle. Our wooded yard used to be filled up with those.
    Your sampler is looking incredible! Hand stitching is a food for soul.. I think you are right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colours as always!
    You've got so many flowers already... I'm so ready for spring!
    Have a nice Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, du hast schon Frühling - wie schön! Hier ist das "Tränende Herz" immer noch unter der Erde und wartet auf Regen und Wärme.

    Liebe Grüsse
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card you received from Lin. So lovely! Your handquilting looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! I appreciate hearing from you.
Judy