Translate

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Creative News With More Delicious BFL

I've finished spinning the pastel BFL and it was a lot of fun to spin. I think that now that the weather is warming up I need to get my dye supplies out soon and do some dyeing on my back patio.

The other day I was out cycling on my bike and noticed this unusual planter in someone's front yard. Their next door neighbor is trying to sell their house, so I'm not sure how excited they are about having a commode in the front yard of the house next door, but I thought that it would make you laugh.
The flowering trees are putting on a wondrous show here in Boise, so I stopped cycling long enough to take this photo. Aren't they simply lovely?
This week I've created a few postcards to mail out and it's reaffirmed my belief that small quilts are just fun to create. I pulled out my scrap boxes and started sewing to create this one.
The others haven't arrived at their destinations yet, so I'll have to wait to share those. I finished my pink improv sampler quilt and I can't tell you how happy I am to see it  on my studio wall :-)
I am now spinning more BFL deliciousness, this time in a balsam colorway by Frabjous Fibers, which is now being carried by a local yarn shop. Hurrah for that! Usually I have to mail order the fiber that I want to spin. I can't tell you how nice it is to be able to feel the wool and see it before buying!!
Speaking of small projects that allow you to play-I created a small quilt for our front door that adds a dash of color. I added tiny prairie points in various colors just for the fun of it.
Here's hoping that you have time for fabric/fiber today,
Judy

15 comments:

  1. My goodness your work is beautiful. That pink quilt is so happy and so springy too!! That toilet planter, all I can say is they must truly be recyclers or something like that. Ugh, not sure I'd like to see that in my neighbors yard. Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, I do believe, that you are happy and you could be proud of your pink quilt. It looks beautiful, hanging on the wall. I would like to feel the seems with my hands. BFL ist also one of my favorite fibers...dyed and spunn lots the last days.
    Happy Easter, Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really should pop in more! What a gusher of creative juices have been flowing over in Idaho!! LOVE the quilt and I know those postcard quilts can be fun and addicting. Can't wait to see the rest of them. Beautiful spinning as always. What do you use for a wheel again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work!
    Mmmm... I don't think I would buy that house!
    Happy Easter to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your improv quilt looks amazing on your wall! I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of 'delicious' eye candy. You've been a very busy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pink improv is amazing, love the bits of zing in it. Great postcards too

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the planter! By coincidence we were in a pub for lunch yesterday and there was a beautiful old floral toilet bowl that had been planted up in the reception area - quite a talking point! The pink quilt is fantastic - the colour is stunning and the little mini quilt is another little masterpiece. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy, I'm running out of adjectives for your creative efforts. I just pretty much want to tell you that I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Judy, You are so talented... I love your idea about making SMALL quilts and projects... Your colors are fabulous --and add so much to an area...

    NO---wouldn't want a commode in my neighbor's yard --even if it contained gorgeous flowers....

    Love the Spring blooms.. Your pinks are beautiful.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've been busy creating works of art, from beautiful yarns to amazing quits. I always enjoy your flower photos too, the one of the toilet planter is a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We received the most beautiful fabric postcard in the mail yesterday! My daughter remarked, "that's so pretty, it's framable!" Thank you so, so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful quilt!!! I have not yet spun BFL-but it is on my list of wool to try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful quilt! Really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your pink quilt! It turned out fantastic. Lovely yarn too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! I appreciate hearing from you.
Judy