Having Fun With WIP Wednesday

I was able to start knitting with the BFL handspun yarn and I can't tell you how sweet it is to knit with yarn that I've created! Don't you just love those soft color gradations?


Since it is work in progress (WIP) Wednesday, I thought I'd share with you a small quilt that I've started. The other day I was browsing in a quilt shop since I had a gift card to use and I came across a jelly roll of Richmond Reds by Barbara Brackman for Moda. I'm more of a batik/solids gal, so choosing reproduction prints was unusual for me, but boy, were they calling my name. I decided to make a tumbler runner for my living room coffee table, and I started cutting out small 2.5 inch (6.4 cm) tumblers.


I noticed some tiny goslings the other day when I was out cycling, just cruising the grass alongside the Boise River with their parents.

And further along, I had a buddy who watches me pedal by each morning come closer to the fence to say hello.

Another WIP is my cotton warp for kitchen towels, where I've started another towel, this time in a balanced or 2/2 twill. I'm throwing two shuttles, one with a sunny yellow cotton yarn and the other with a natural linen yarn. I like the combination and it's going to be a cheery addition to my kitchen!



Here's hoping that you have time for fiber/fabric today,
Judy

Comments

  1. Sai fare un sacco di cose molto interessanti!

    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tumbler project is really pretty , they are such lovely colours and your towel in progress is so happy looking , it will make a nice accent in your kitchen . Love the critters you saw in your journeys . Interesting post as always and your knitting is incredible :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very colourful post! Love your pretty sock yarn and your new tumbler quilt......sometimes it's good to try something different, isn't it. Your feathery and furry friends make your morning ride fun, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That yarn is really beautiful, the yellow speckled through is like dappled sunshine. Your tumblers will make a great table runner, isn't it interesting how some fabrics catch your eye even if they're not your usual style. It's always fun to meet the sweet characters you see on your rides.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just such a delightful post! I love seeing what you are working on, and I am quite smitten with your new friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wool is knitting up beautifully Judy - the colours are gorgeous. The tumblers look good and are going to make a great runner and your weaving is so lovely to look at. Great picture of the goslings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you ever sleep? Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Arbeitest du Tag und Nacht? Wann schläfst du noch? :-)

    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great projects - and I love your colourful wool! What fun animals you get to see every day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog! I appreciate hearing from you.
Judy