Creative News

Can you believe that it's Friday already? How did that happen??

If the snow has to melt, there's gardening to look forward to
and our tulips, daffodils, and crocus are waking up.
So wonderful to see!

Do you have a quilt top that simply made you happy to work on?
I do.
This week I've been happily sewing each day,
continuing my vintage block, scrap quilt theme.
This time I'm using various reds and beiges from my scrap stash.
The block is London Square and it's from the book,
101 Fabulous Rotary-Cut Quilts
by
Judy Hopkins and Nancy J. Martin.

I've wanted to make this quilt for the longest time
and now I am :-)
The blocks are 8 1/2 inches (22 cm.)
The quilt is partially finished,
but I'm so happy with how it's turning out
I wanted to share it with you early!


On the spinning side of things,
I just finished spinning the Frabjous Fibers
Colorshift Superwash BFL top in the
Tourmaline colorway.


A couple of weeks ago, I bought 100 grams of Merino/nylon roving to dye myself.
I've been thinking of how I want to dye it,
and I'm hoping to have a dyeing day soon.
Crimson, bright orange, and sunny yellow are calling to me....


I've been working (playing!) in my garden, trimming rosebushes, and putting down compost.
And maybe buying a pack or two or three of flower seeds
to spread come May.
Happiness!

Here's hoping that you have time for fabric/fiber,
Judy




Comments

  1. It will be a beautiful quilt! Looks great.
    I look forward to gardening too.
    Greetings from Germany
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. You produce such gorgeous quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, red! It's going to be so gorgeous! I'm working in a UFO, a strip quilt made from upcycled men's plaid cotton shirts. It's time to get it out of the bottom of the closet! Guess that makes me happy! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my I love your quilt so far, I just love red in quilts and with the colors you've choosen, well I can't wait to see the whole thing. Your yarn is beautiful and your pup is adorable. I'm so happy it's spring time for the most part in south eastern WA, things are up out of the ground, nothing blooming yet, but you don't need a coat outside with the sun shining. everything is coming alive after it's slumber. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to see your quilt - last week I just finished up quilting a king sized quilt for a client in the same pattern, except it was done with flannels and we used a wool batting. LOTS of flying geese in there! I love your choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is going to be a lovely Happy, cheerful quilt - I love the red. Your spinning looks gorgeous and I look forward to seeing how your dye day goes. I am continuing with some hand quilting on a UFO that has been around too long and is so nearly finished! Another wet day has meant that I have made good progress today. Hope yoou have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is beautiful, love the reds ! Your freshly spun yarn looks lovely too , have fun dying the roving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is beautiful, love the reds ! Your freshly spun yarn looks lovely too , have fun dying the roving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bellissimo l'accostamento rosso beige...verrà una trapunta stupenda!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bellissimo l'accostamento rosso beige...verrà una trapunta stupenda!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing header! I've never done quilting! Good for you!
    (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOHH loving your new quilt. It's such a great feeling to make a desired quilt come to life, and wonderful that you're enjoying the sewing of it. The tourmalene colours of the yarn are so dreamy!! Have fun in the garden. Fabric, yarn, nature and a pretty dog - the good things in life!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can`t stop looking at your header, & the color of the yarn is lovely,I have never tried to dye varigated like that,such a soft blend of color,phyllis

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog! I appreciate hearing from you.
Judy