Translate

Friday, August 12, 2016

A Bit of Color Play

This week I wanted to make someone
some improv coasters for their dining room table.
Bright colors were requested, so I pulled my
scrap bins out and started sewing.
The coasters are six inches square (15 cm)
and hand quilted using Sulky thread.

Fun little bursts of color!

I thought that pot holders/fabric trivets 
would be a great addition
to their kitchen as well.
I machine quilted these with an Insul-Bright
mylar layer in the middle
for heat protection.


I also thought some whimsical log cabin placemats
would be nice.
So far two are done, 
with cotton batting,
and hand quilted with large stitches using white thread.


On my knitting needles,
I've been knitting socks
using a pattern that I found on Ravelry.
It's David's Toe-Up Sock Cookbook,
which requires a bit of measuring and math,
but ends up with a perfectly fitted sock.  
Sweet!!
Thanks, David, for sharing this pattern.

The wool is hand dyed in turquoise, sky blue,
chartreuse, spring green,
sunny yellow with a bit of white thrown in.


Here's hoping that you have time for fabric/fiber,
Judy


6 comments:

  1. Such a festival of color, you must be channeling the best of Brazil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ganz toll, mir gefallen deine farbigen Untersetzer und Platzsets sehr. Vor allem die Idee mit dem weissen Faden zu quilten ... das werde ich mir merken!

    Auch die Socken werden bestimmt gerne genommen, denn der nächste Herbst/Winter kommt bestimmt.

    Viele Grüsse nach Idaho
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely colourful collection Judy - I especially love the placemats but they are all great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That colours! Reminds me of "Hundertwasser", wonderful! Sulky thread, something I will resurch, nerver heared this before, but maybe it's called different in German. Starting a pair of socks is a good idea, your wool looks like fresh clear water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you're going to make coasters, you might as well make stuff to go with them, right? And bright, lovely stuff it is too!!! I'm crushing on that beautiful yarn - it is going to make such beautiful socks :*)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went straight to ravelry and grabbed the sock pattern for my library. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! I appreciate hearing from you.
Judy