Translate

Friday, September 16, 2016

A New Quilt Started

While looking through my fabric stash the other day
 I was quite happy to discover a large
bag full of a jelly roll-
quilting parlance for precut 2.5 inch (6.4 cm) strips-
of burgundy and teal batiks.
Hmmm.
I don't remember buying them, 
but I'm more than happy to use them!

I've started a triangle quilt using neutral scraps 
and the batik strips.
I think that I will make this quilt bed sized
to go on a spare bed.

I've been happily spinning a super soft Merino
that I dyed last year.
The colors of the wool are rose, lilac,
and a soft plum.
It was quite nice to spin and I just finished Navajo plying it.
I think that this skein will knit up into a lovely hat to wear this winter.
I enjoy sitting on my patio, 
taking in the view of the flowers,
while spinning.
So peaceful....


On the weaving side of things,
I'm still making progress on my free style fabric.
That is when Chucky isn't asleep on my bench....

The other day the weather was quite nice,
so I took Edna-
my BMW F650GS-
out for a spin.


I decided to head out to the Sweet area,
what an awesome name for a town,
and eat a picnic lunch near the Black Canyon Reservoir.
There was a light wind blowing,
but it was warm and sunny so
it turned out to be a perfect day for lunch outside!


Here's hoping that you have time for fiber/fabric this week,
Judy


7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to spend a day! The new quilt looks very handsome and the weaving and spinning beautiful and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding those jelly rolls was like receiving a gift - such a nice surprise, and you've already put it to good use. This quilt will be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wie süss die Katze vor dem Webstuhl ;O). Ich staune wie immer über so viele tolle Projekte. Viel Freude wünscht dir Sheepy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find in your stash! The triangles are looking really good. I love the colours in your wool and what a lovely way to spend your time, riding and picnicking. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the yarn making that pretty pattern in your weaving? or is that a particular technique?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting Quilt, with good combination. And the cat near by the loom looks really funnny :-)) Great nature in your region. greatings from Anke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Chucky is like our Alf, always seeking the best place.
    Last weekend I met some kindly weavers and they will teach me!! The colours of your quilt look like the amazing landscape with sunshine in the background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! I appreciate hearing from you.
Judy