Hello

The past couple of weeks I've been happily sewing log cabin 
and improv blocks together to make a king sized,
110 x 110 inches (280 cm x 280 cm) quilt.
This is a gift for two special people.
The fabrics are Union Blues by Barbara Brackman,
along with a couple of lovely dusty blue fabrics
by Robyn Pandolph,
and then an assortment of neutral fabrics.


The batting is from the Hobbs Tuscany Collection
and the one that I chose is a blend of cotton and superwash wool.
I'm hand quilting this and hurrah, it's football season,
so I know that I'll have some exciting games to watch while
working on this.
War Eagle! Go Auburn!

I finished the miniature overshot table runner, 
Remembrance, 
that I had been weaving.
It's finished.
This was on my loom since January....

The wooden boxes were created by my husband, Marshall.


I had a dyeing day a few weekends ago.
The weather was cooler, so it was a nice time to set up
my supplies on the back patio.
For a couple of batches I started out with a 
superwash Merino/nylon blend from Knit Picks.


I dyed this using acid dyes, and also Rit dyes
in brilliant blue, spruce green, tobacco brown,
and a chocolate brown.


This was a Corrriedale roving that I've had for years
that I dyed using food coloring and acid dyes.
For this batch I went with sunny yellow,
a soft lilac, and a sky blue.


This is the result of a fun day of dyeing:

sunny yellow, lilac, sky blue
brilliant blue, tobacco brown, zesty orange















Forest colors-spruce green, brilliant blue, chocolate brown
                                                                          
plum, black, gray, burgundy

The cosmos flowers in my garden are putting on a lovely last show. 
They are so cheerful to see each day!

Here's hoping that you have time for fiber/fabric today,
Judy




Comments

  1. It is all beautiful! You really keep yourself busy! I want to make time to dye...phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your works are fantastic ....

    I'm excited. best regards
    Sheepy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely quilt, big too. You're right, hurray for football season!
    Love the runner. So, what you planning for that nekkid loom?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, you astonish me again with the amount that you get done. The log cabin/improv quilt is stunning, really lovely colours too. I love the colours of the wool that you've dyed. Can't wait to see what you make with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your creativity, skills, and talent never ceases to amaze me! Beautiful work! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Just wow! You're getting so much accomplished! I didn't know where to look first!
    (I did go back for seconds (and thirds) to see the wall hanging behind your husband's woodwork.) I haven't been nearly as productive. I'm planning to get a new blog up this weekend. Thanks for checking on me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah Judy, ich staune immer wieder, was du alles wieder mit deinen Händen gemacht hast! Färben, quilten, weben, dann später sicher noch spinnen und stricken. Der Wandquilt hinter den schönen Holzschatullen hat mich besonders angesprochen. Wunderschön! Auch deine Färbungen sind total gelungen. Und dann der grosse Quilt, da muss recht viel Fussball gespielt werden, damit du auch genug Zeit für das Handquilten hast.
    Weiterhin so viel Freude, das wünscht dir
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quilt top Judy and your table runner looks beautiful. I love your colour blends - it's great when everything is dry and you can see the results of a good day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks so pretty in these pictures! It looks like you have so much fun with the yarns :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! You are always so busy!
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog! I appreciate hearing from you.
Judy