Translate

Monday, November 14, 2016

Scarf Play

I've been playing with weaving scarves lately.
I looked in my weaving notes and realized that
it's been six years since I last wove a scarf!
Now I'm making up for lost time.

I finished my bamboo/cashmere/silk plain weave scarf
and I love the hand/drape to it.
I wore it for the first time the other day
(even if it wasn't really cold enough)
and it felt deliciously awesome!
This is going to be a favorite scarf, 
I just know it.


I finished weaving the next series of scarves 
that had a fall feel to it with colors of burnt orange, soft yellow, and various greens.
I wove three scarves off of the Tencel warp:
starting on the left the weft is hand carded Cormo alternating
with a slubby handspun silk yarn; the black scarf has a
Merino/Tencel weft alternating with the handspun silk yarn; 
and the scarf on the right has a weft of upcycled cashmere yarn 
unraveled from a beige thrift store sweater that I 
dyed a soft green, burnt orange, and soft yellow.



The black Merino/Tencel/silk scarf has an interesting pebbly texture to it.


The Cormo wool started out being dyed in small bundles


then I hand carded it to make small rolags to spin.


Have you ever worked with Cormo wool?
It's super soft and lovely to spin/weave with.
I had the serendipitous opportunity to buy bags of 
Cormo wool a few years back from a local farmer.
Happy days :-)

The Cormo/silk/Tencel scarf:


I'm having a blast weaving scarves,
just in case you haven't noticed.

Weave on,
Judy

9 comments:

  1. Love your scarves. That first one looks perfect with your vest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty yummy! You'll be the scarf queen! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the black merino tencel silk one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! And, isn't it fun?! I'm using scarves as a kind of learning sampler (instead of towels).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Judy, they all look lovely, sounds like lots of fun. I like your new photograph too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The yarn in the blue scarf sounds delicious! Have fun wearing it this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful!! I love the textures the weaving creates and although I dont use wool and yarns I love hearing about them, they sound so exotic and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous scarves , I can just imagine how they feel too 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! I appreciate hearing from you.
Judy