A Classic Nine Patch Baby Quilt

While wandering around my LQS,
I found some lovely peach fabrics 
that were perfect for the baby quilt that I wanted to make.
One is a Cotton + Steel fabric,
one is Pandalicious,
and the lovely flowered navy/peach/white print
 is part of the Wonderful Things Collection.


I've struggled in the past with piecing nine patch blocks,
having them skew on me somewhat.
This time I used short 2.5 inch strips (6.4 cm),
sewing the long edges together,
then lightly pressing them.
I carefully cut them into 2.5 inch widths,
and then sewed them together.
Those steps worked for me,
giving me the square blocks that I wanted!


I alternated the soft peach nine patch blocks
with the navy floral print to create this baby quilt.
This is for someone who loves soft, muted colors, 
so I'm hoping that she will be happy!


On the spinning side of things,
I've been spinning a Merino/silk roving 
in the cinnamon colorway.
It's a very soft combination that feels wonderful 
flowing over my fingers as I spin.
























This morning I sat outside on our back deck,
while hand quilting my improv log cabin
Burst of Color baby quilt.
I'm using Sulky 12 weight Cotton Dream thread,
choosing the muted pastel colors
for free style big stitch quilting.



Each morning these two, Daisy and Max,
 patiently watch for the deer 
to cross through our front yard.
They are very happy when the quail family
cruises by,
and maybe one of these days,
if I'm lucky,
I'll be able to get a photo of them!


Here's hoping that you have time for fiber/fabric this week,
Judy

Comments

  1. Beautiful fabric for your baby quilt - it has worked really well and is very pretty. Always nice to see hand quilting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the baby quilt, I have always been a fan of nine patch quilts . Of course the spinning is lovely too 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mein Kompliment! Du hast wieder eine tolle Quilt Decke in Arbeit! Bestimmt wird diese lange über das Babyalter hinaus Freude bereiten.
    Du machst es wie ich auch, je nach Lust und Laune wird gequiltet, genäht oder gestrickt, dann kannst du ja auch noch weben.
    Herzliche Grüsse
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life is good in your little corner of the world!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog! I appreciate hearing from you.
Judy