An Improv Sampler Garden Quilt

At our new place I no longer have a large rose garden 
or flower beds,
which at first felt quite strange. 
I was used to spending hours tending plants.
The deer would love it if I planted flowers here,
so I've decided to forgo gardening
and focus on quilting/weaving/spinning instead.
Oh, hurt me!

I'm done with baby quilts for a while,
so I started an improv sampler quilt.
I don't have a plan,
in fact,
I like to create improv quilts as I go.
This is what I have created so far:


I've always wanted to try making a circle
using log cabin blocks,
so these blocks were fun to make.
As I add bits of yellow and orange to the blocks,
I'm thinking of my favorite flowers-
cheery daffodils, and deep orange zinnias.
The next step will be creating a New York Beauty block 
or two to add to the sampler.
Then I plan on adding more improv log cabin blocks.

On the weaving side of things,
I'm at the last ten inches of warp on my
Glimakra Ideal loom.
Hurrah!
This sturdy little loom has been a joy to weave on :-)
The treadling is light and effortless,
while the shafts glide quietly up and down.
I'm enjoying the texture of this cloth,
and I'm curious to see what it will look like after it's washed.
Ten more inches....


Weave on.

Here's hoping that you have time for fiber/fabric today,
Judy

Comments

  1. I am always impressed by your improve blocks Judy - these are gorgeous. Love your colours. I am looking forward to seeing this progress. Lovely weaving too - those slubs are great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, not having a garden to tend to frees up a lot of time! Your improv looks like great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects! Yes, no gardening means more time for your other hobbies. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what wonderful improv , love these blocks especially the log cabin . The weaving looks lovely too and such a small amount left to do , yeah for you !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog! I appreciate hearing from you.
Judy