Playing Yarn Chicken

 Do you play yarn chicken with your projects?

Say to yourself, sure I’ll have enough yarn to finish?

I bought one ball of this soft yarn that I discovered at an estate sale. 

Seduction by Blue Moon Fiber arts, no colorway that I could see. 

There’s a $36 sticker on the original wrapper for it. 

Yikes! 

The estate sale was held in a two story house that was completely filled with yarn. 

Yarn everywhere. Hmm, sounds familiar??!

That’s okay in my book.

 I hope that having a massive yarn stash made the person happy

 and brightened their days. 

There’s enough sorrow and unhappiness in life 

and I’m not going to add to it by judging someone’s stash.


 I digress. 

I wanted a lilac/purple vest to wear this spring 

and I had this one special ball, 400 yards, of Merino/Tencel.

 So I played yarn chicken, knowing full well 

that at some point I’d have to switch to other yarns to finish the cloth for my vest. 

After using up all of the Seduction yarn, 

I’m now alternating 8/2 Tencel by Textiva Yarns in the Aster Purple colorway 

with 22/2 Nialin, cottolin, by Bockens in the 2067 Light Lavender colorway.


When I’m finished weaving this,

 I’ll evaluate how I want to cut the cloth

 to highlight the Merino/Tencel part.

 And if the yarn lover who shared their stash with me reads this,

 thank you for sharing your yarn. 

I’m cherishing it.


Weave on,

Judy