Large Check Gingham Towels

 

I’ve started weaving my kitchen towels,
 using the pattern by Jean Scorgie 
in the Summer 2001 edition of Weaver’s Craft
I really enjoy weaving kitchen towels and they make great gifts.


This is the first towel woven on my warp, 
with a dark teal cottolin yarn alternating with each of the warp colors.
I’m using an assortment of leftover 8/2 cotton and 22/2 cottolin yarns to weave these.


This is a fun pattern to weave. 
It’s a simple twill pattern alternating with plain weave.

This is the second towel, where I didn’t use the dark teal, 
but alternated the various warp colors to make large blocks.




There’s more of a muted effect with the subtle color changes in this towel.

I just started weaving the third towel this morning. 





I’m jazzed that I will be finishing these soon, 
as they will be heading out in the mail
 for Christmas gifts for special people. 🤗

Happy weaving,
Judy